Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Love Spring Break!

I believe I am safe in assuming you all feel the same way.  My to-do list isn't nearly as complete as I had hoped it would be, but I have still been pretty productive.  So far I have run Cades Cove (11 miles), made cupcakes with my two neices Audrey and Madelyn, cleaned out and organized closets, washed and waxed my car, among many other minor tasks.  I am enjoying a book by Joyce Carol Oates called We Were the Mulvaneys.  I hope to finish it over the next few days.

Me and Mrs. KP after 11 miles!

Audrey and Madelyn sneaking a taste of the batter.  They can get away with almost anything with me!

My organized closet.  In case you are wondering, I organize shirts first by sleeve length, then by material (lightest to heaviest), then by color.  I know you all think I am crazy, but it sure makes it easier to figure out what to wear.  Try it...Let me know if it works for you!  

What have you all been up to over the break.  Please tell me you have done something other than sleep!  Make me feel good about not giving you homework!  Enjoy the holiday weekend with your families!

8 comments:

kurtis h said...

What I did during spring break was fun. I recorded a couple more songs, and I got A job. On Friday I performed. The show was crazy, everyone was dancing around and stuff. WHile I was performing people started going on stage, and dancing beside. Some was even trying to grab me from the audience. That's was coo. That day was my favorite day of the break. Easter was A pretty good day too.

Caitlin Lewis said...

Oh my goodness! Mrs. McAffry! My closet is color coded by season and type of clothing! I thought I was so weird because no one else did that, and they all said was crazy. Now I know I'm not!

emilieR said...

On Easter, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece all came over for dinner. I went and hid plastic eggs all over the house and then had my niece try to find them. It was fun to watch her get excited each time she found one! Then my sisters and I all played Super Smash Bros on the wii. It is a really fun game!

kristin h. said...

Over spring break i worked! I know thats crazy. I work at St. Mary's Hospital. The whole week I worked full time not much time to have fun, but by the end of the week some friends and I decided to get together for a girls night! I am so greatful for spring break! Everyone needs a break from school including teachers! No homework, no crowded hallways, no nasty cafeteria food, and no stress!

Megan D said...

Over spring break I worked. I had to work night shifts though. So I couldn't really do much during the day. Other then working I really didn't do anything. Sounds like you really had fun and your niece, they are so cute!!! I bet you spoil them to death!

chrisc said...

I had quite a adventure filled spring break. I went camping and ended up making a tent out of two tarps anda blanket.
Then me and a few buddys went cliff jumpin in Hardin Valley. Then my weekend calmed down and all ireally did was hang out and watch some t.v.

chrisc said...

sorry about the spelling and spacing issues

Unknown said...

I was just looking through your old posts and I found this one where you said you organized your closet, and I just want to say I also organize my closet! (Although maybe not as specifically as you do.) I organize my shirts by length and brand, and they all must face the same direction or it drives me crazy. This post was kind of random but oh well. :D